qTrace is a simple, yet powerful defect capture and reporting tool. qTrace tracks a user’s interaction with an application and generates defect records as a combination of screenshots and action steps. Users can edit trace files, add annotations, and then share the final result, either by submitting directly to a defect management tool or publishing to a Word, PDF or JPG document.
1. Report defects with 3 simple steps: 2. Add Note While Recording
When you have started a recording session and performed some actions on screen, you can add a note to a step of the current screen, for example, to highlight where a defect occurs.
- 1. Click on the Note button or use hot key Ctrl + Alt + N to add a note on the current screen.
2. Enter note in the text box dialog.
3. Click Save to add a note. The note will be added to the most recent step of the current screen.
You can pause a recording session to temporarily stop capturing your interaction with the target application, and then resume it at a later time.
- 1. Click Pause or use hot key Ctrl + Alt + P to temporarily stop a recording session. When the recording session is paused, actions on the target applications will not be captured. 2. Click Record button again to resume the recording session.
You can use the Snap function to take a single screenshot of the current application.
- 1. Click the Snap button on Record toolbar or use hot key Ctrl + Alt + A to take the snapshot.
2. A screenshot of the screen in view will be captured and opened in the Editor window.