J2ME Emulator - giả lập điện thoại J2ME

Nơi đăng các bài viết về các loại thiết bị di động khác với Iphone, AndroidBlack Berry
Forum rules
Nơi đăng các bài viết về các loại thiết bị di động khác với Iphone, AndroidBlack Berry
tvn
Admin

J2ME Emulator - giả lập điện thoại J2ME

Post by tvn »

What is an emulator?

An emu­la­tor, in the most gen­eral sense, dupli­cates (pro­vides an emu­la­tion of) the func­tions of one sys­tem with a dif­fer­ent sys­tem, so that the sec­ond sys­tem appears to behave like the first sys­tem. Unlike a sim­u­la­tion, it does not attempt to pre­cisely model the state of the device being emu­lated; it only attempts to repro­duce its behav­ior. A sim­u­la­tor is a spe­cially accu­rate emulator.

J2ME emu­la­tors:

The basic J2ME emu­la­tor to be used for this exer­cise is The Sun Microsys­tems J2ME™ Wire­less Toolkit 1.0.4_01. The emu­la­tor is installed after Java 2 SDK Std Edn. V 1.3.

The steps to run appli­ca­tions are as follows:
  • After instal­la­tion, the emu­la­tor can be eas­ily accessed from the start menu. Before run­ning the appli­ca­tion, select the “default device selec­tion” and select a device from a drop down box.
NOTE: Devices are present in the WTK (Wire­less ToolKit) folder. This folder is usu­ally named as WTK104 unless changed in the path that it was installed to. The devices are present in the folder called “devices” inside the folder “wtk­lib”. For exam­ple: C:\WTK104\wtklib\devices.
  • The next step is to pro­vide a path to the appli­ca­tion. Select “Run MIDP appli­ca­tion” from the start menu under the name that the WTK was installed to. The path to the appli­ca­tion .JAD (Java Appli­ca­tion Descrip­tor) is provided.
NOTE: Take care that the path is not too long; the emu­la­tor does not work with long Paths

Exam­ple: The emu­la­tor is installed with the name” J2ME Wire­less ToolKit 1.0.4_01”. This is the method fol­lowed:

Click on start => Select” J2ME Wire­less ToolKit 1.0.4_01” => Select “default device selec­tion” -> Select a device from the drop down box and click “ok” => Select start => Select” J2ME Wire­less ToolKit 1.0.4_01” => Select “Run MIDP appli­ca­tion” => Pro­vide the path to the .JAD file => and click on start.

Return to “Others”